Empathy in Leadership
What is Empathy?
Empathy is simply being compassionate and understanding what your fellow human being is going through.
What is Leadership?
Leadership is the capability to oversee, manage and inspire a team or organization through action and words.
How do empathy and leadership go hand in hand
- Leaders that are able to understand the needs of others while being aware of their feelings and emotions are often more successful than ones that are not.
- Empathy encourages leaders to understand problems from the grass root level. It allows leaders to aid workers and improve their performance while also building long lasting relationships.
How to Be an Empathetic Leader
- Truly listen.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Be fully present and available.
- Leave your judgment behind.
- Watch body language/posture.
- Encourage the quiet ones.
- Take a personal interest.
The Power of Empathy
Being an empathetic leader, you put yourself in the shoes of your team members and they appreciate the effort you take to understand the situation. This leadership style helps strengthen and deepen the relationship you have with your team members. It creates a sense of trust and leaders help their team members achieve goals and improve overall performance.
Work with empathy. Approach the situation with compassion. You will find your answers along the way.
#Empathy #Compassion #BeKind #LeadershipBuilding #PersonalDevelopment